Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Mantra Graffiti On My Bathroom Door


Not everyone who has surgery for ovarian cancer has to have their colon removed, but I did. ("Hold on a minute, I was using that!").

With this event, there was only one recourse for my family, and that was to assign one of our bathrooms to my exclusive use. The tiny one. Where a super-sonic power fan was promptly installed.

I have decided to see this "separate but equal" arrangement not as an ousting, but as an honor. Of course it takes a lot of mental determination to keep that perspective, but I figure that if I'm stuck with my own Cancer Bathroom, I might as well have a little fun decorating!

As teal is the adopted color for ovarian cancer, I added a teal towel and mat and some ribbon. I hung a neat little mirror framed with birds that you could only see yourself in if you were 6 ft.1 (That's only ME in this household). 
And then came the graffiti on the inside of the door frame. I painted my mantra in a simple font and drew words tinted in teal from the ground up over the door and down the other side.  

The beauty of the mantra graffiti is that if you only glance at it, and catch a random 5 words or 10, you get a different focus every time, and it can be applied to anyone in our thoughts. 
Here it is:

"wow you look fabulous that hair is beautiful you always have a wonderful attitude and a gorgeous smile lovely things happen to you and good people around you love living with your fantastic strength and happiness we all adore feeling the healing calm and peacefulness so amazing you lovely person you are loved and kindness comes with you"

The "hair" part gives a little extra smile. . . in one week I resume chemo, and my hair will disappear for the second time. My Mom insists that at birth I had a beautifully-shaped head, and I still do. She was right!

4 comments:

  1. You do have a beautiful everything. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you did the day I met you in the foto from the hairdresser. Please, post more pics. They'll go on my alter for you with the flowers and water from Lourdes. I've kept everything.

    ReplyDelete